If you enjoyed our previous post ‘Keto Breakfasts in a Hurry – then you’ll love these keto lunches! We’ve chosen recipes that cam be prepared easily, quickly and that take very little time to cook.
Hopefully we’ve taken some of the fuss out of keto-dieting by providing some super-tasty recipes that pack a lot of punch in the flavour department, without requiring a lot of prep (or a long time to cook).
Each of these recipes is fool-proof, and can be made in under fifteen minutes!
Keto Duck Salad, Asian Style
Duck is rich, tasty and delicious – as well as being packed with protein. However, it rarely appears on the menu for other diets, due to the fact that it is high in fat content.
But, on a ketogenic diet, this doesn’t matter. Hooray!
Top tip: this salad goes great with Walden Farms Asian Salad Dressing
- Half a cucumber, sliced thinly
- 6 asparagus spears
- 2 finely sliced spring onions
- 1 cup of tender-stem broccoli
- Half a tablespoon of extra-virgin coconut oil
- 1 or two duck breast fillets, sliced into strips
- A thumb-sized piece of ginger, crushed or finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons of sesame oil
- 1 teastpoon of sesame seeds
- 1 red chilli
- Bring a large pot of water to the boil and add a pinch of salt
- Add the tender-stem broccoli and the asparagus spears, and simmer for two minutes
- Once cooked, transfer the midget trees and asparagus to a colander to drain and set aside
- While the asparagus and tender-stem broccoli are draining, melt the coconut oil in a skillet over a high heat
- Add the chopped duck breast and stirf fry for about a minute, moving the meat constantly so that it does not stick
- Add the chopped chinger and chilli, frying for a further one minute
- Once the duck is fully cooked remove the skillet from the heat and then stir in the sesame oil and soy sauce
- Place the drained vegetables in a bowl and then add the duck, along with all the juices
- Toss all of the ingredients together before transferring to a plate
- Garnish with sesame seeds and serve
Speedy Spiced Lamb Salad
Although lamb can be considered a bit or a rich, heavy meat – this salad is light and fresh. Using lamb shanks means that it’s super quick to cook, and the salad element is literally just a suggestion. Feel free to mix it up with whatever delicious veggies you fancy!
You could even serve it with a tasty creamy chive and spinach dip, or if you’re really racing against the clock (or you just don’t want to add an extra element of prep to this meal), try using a dollop of creme fraiche instead.
- Half a bunch of fresh cillantro, chopped
- Half a cucumber, sliced into thin batons
- 1 large handful of baby spinach leaves
- 5 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 tablespoons of ground almonds
- 2 teaspoons of garam masala spice
- 1 teaspoon of smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon of garlic salt
- 4 lamb cutlets
- 4 tablespoons of heavy cream
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Turn on the grill to maximum heat
- While the grill is heating up, line a baking tray with baking parchment or greaseproof paper
- Place the ground almonds, cream, garam masala, smoked paprika and garlic salt into a bowl
- Add a generous amount of salt and pepper
- Once the ingredients are fully combined into a runny paste, smother the lamb cutlets with
- the mixture until fully coated on all sides
- Place onto the baking tray, and place under the grill – cooking for three to four minutes on each side
- Once the lamb is cooked (and the creamy spice mixture has started to brown a little) remove the cutlets from under the heat and set aside
- While the lamb cutlets are resting, assemble the speedy salad by tossing the spinach, cucumber and tomatoes together in a bowl
- Add a drizzle of olive oil and a pinch of black pepper
- Pile the cutlets onto the top of the salad and then serve with a garnish of chopped cillantro
So there we have it! Short and sweet (and incredibly tasty too).
If you want a little more inspiration when it comes to keto cooking in a hurry, then check out the following posts for other tasty (and super-easy) recipes:
- 15 Minute Keto Lunches in a Hurry
- Easy Keto Breakfasts in a Hurry
- Delicious Low-carb Smoothies