Growing up, curry was one of my favorite meals: the ultimate cheap and cheerful all-rounder, it was a dish you could pretty much get away with throwing whatever ingredients into and still end up with a DELICIOUS plate of food. Even nowadays, I love nothing better than sticking a whole lot of stuff into a pot, adding spices and coconut milk and letting it simmer for a while, ending up with a delicious curry.
Luckily, curries lend themselves really well to the keto diet. When you keep the ingredient list short – like I did here – it’s easy to keep the carb count low, without compromising on flavor. You’ll love this! Serve it with a side of coconut cauliflower rice to soak up the delicious juices.
- 2 lbs lamb, cut into chunks
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small piece fresh ginger, minced
- 1 small tomato, diced
- 1 14oz can coconut milk
- 1/2 tsp each turmeric, ground ginger, chili flakes, cumin
- 2 tsp garam masala
- Fresh cilantro, to serve
- Coconut oil, to fry
- Melt the coconut oil in a large saucepan. Add the onion and tomato and cook for a few minutes, before adding the garlic, tomatoes and spices.
- Cook everything for around 5 minutes, until the tomatoes soften. Turn up the heat and add the lamb, stirring often until the meat is browned. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the coconut milk and bring to a boil. Turn the heat way down and cover. Cook for around 45 minutes, or until the lamb is super tender.
- Taste the sauce and adjust the seasoning if needed. If you’ve prepared some cauliflower rice, divide this between four bowls before spooning the curry over it and garnishing with fresh cilantro.
|Delicious Keto Lamb Curry||Calories||Fat (grams)||Carbs (grams)||Protein (grams)||Fibre (grams)||Net carbs (grams)|
|2 lbs lamb||1216||47.9g||0g||183.35g||0g||0g|
|1 small onion (around ½ cup)||34||0.06g||8.09g||0.74g||1.1g||6.99g|
|2 cloves garlic||9||0.03g||1.98g||0.38g||0.1g||1.88g|
|1 small piece ginger (around 1 tbsp)||4.8||0g||1.2g||0g||0g||1.2g|
|1 small tomato (around ¼ cup)||8||0.09g||1.76g||0.4g||0.5g||1.26g|
|1 can coconut milk||840||70g||12g||10g||0g||12g|
|2 tbsp coconut oil||236||27.2g||0g||0g||0g||0g|
|Per serving (4 servings)||376.95||36.32g||6.26g||48.71g||0.46g||5.83g|