Confession time: cheesecakes are my favourite dessert, ever. I LOVE their gorgeous creaminess and crunchy base; their rich, unctuous texture always has me begging for more, even after the first… or second… or third helping. Not even kidding! With desserts like these, then, I like to exercise a tiny bit of restraint to prevent me from eating the whole damn thing, which is where these adorable individual lemon keto cheesecakes come in. Not only do they look cute; they taste pretty amazing, too! The summer berry compote is the perfect foil for the lemony richness of the mascarpone, while the salty crunchiness of the almond base is just to die for.
Do yourself a favour: make. This. Now! (And without guilt, if you please: this dessert is virtually carb-free!)
Makes 2 individual cheesecakes.
For the almond base:
- 1/2 cup unsalted raw almonds
- 1 tbsp salted grass-fed butter (I love Kerrygold), melted
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- Stevia to taste
For the lemon mascarpone cream:
- Juice and zest of 1 organic lemon
- 250ml / 1 cup mascarpone
- 2 tsp natural vanilla extract
- Stevia / erythritol to taste
For the berry compote (you’ll have leftovers!):
- 500g / 1lb mixed frozen berries
- 4g agar agar (can sub gelatine)
- Water to cover the fruit
- Stevia to taste
- First prepare the compote, as it will need to sit at least 30 minutes before using: place the fruit in a medium saucepan and add the powdered agar agar. Add just enough water to cover the fruit and give the mix a good stir before bringing to the boil. Let it boil for around 2 minutes, then remove from the heat and sweeten with stevia. Let it cool and set while you prepare the rest of the cheesecakes.
- Next, prepare the crunchy almond base: in a food processor, pulse the almonds together until they form a rough crumb. Combine well with the melted butter, cinnamon and stevia. Divide the mixture between two ramekins (or miniature mason jars, like I did) and press down with the back of a spoon, ensuring it is spread out evenly. Place in the fridge while preparing the lemon mascarpone cream.
- To prepare the lemon mascarpone cream, place the mascarpone, lemon juice and zest, vanilla extract and stevia/erythritol in a large mixing bowl. Whip together with an electric hand mixer until thick and well combined. Spoon the mixture in the two ramekins / mason jars on top of the almond base, smoothing it out and ensuring it is even (you may have leftovers). Place in the fridge.
- When the berry compote has cooled and set (this will be the consistency of a loose jelly), spoon over the lemon mascarpone cream and serve.
|Lemon cheesecakes with berry compote (2 servings)||Calories||Fat (grams)||Carbs (grams)||Protein (grams)||Fiber (grams)||Net carbs (grams)|
|½ cup raw almonds||413||36.21g||14.11g||15.2g||8.4g||5.71g|
|1 tbsp butter||102||11.52g||0.01g||0.12g||0g||0.01g|
|¼ tsp cinnamon||2||0.02g||0.46g||0.02g||0.3g||0.16g|
|Juice of 1 lemons||12||0g||4g||0g||0g||4g|
|Zest of 1 lemon||3||0g||1g||0g||1g||0g|
|1 cup mascarpone||584||62.12g||3.46g||5.53g||0g||3.46g|
|Per serving (if 2 servings)||558||54.96||11.52g||10.44g||4.72g||6.8|
NB: Nutritional information does not include berry compote.